Aren't they pretty? I love them!
Since I don't get home from work until after 5:30, Chloe and I set the table yesterday to save some time tonight. I love the way my table looks all set. I am also excited I get to use my new water goblets, another Christmas gift I haven't had the chance to show off yet. I decided we need to invite people over for dinner way more often than we actually do. Then again, that would mean I would have to cook more.....
Anyway, here is my sideboard on a daily basis.
This is what it looked like last year with a little fall decor...
and now here is my pretty sideboard all dressed up for dinner guests.
What do you think? It's simple but I LOVE IT! I think I might just keep it this way for awhile. I had all of the candles, candle holders and vases. I only spent about $10 on some flowers!
By the way, a little off topic - am I the only blogger out there that does not decorate for Valentines Day? Valentines decoration is everywhere -- but here at my house.
Another small project this weekend - I hate my laundry room. It's a big huge storage room/laundry room. The dryer is one one side and the washer on the other. One day we will have the pipes moved and the washer moved to the other side, but until then.... this is the mess I look at all the time.
Yes, I left the pictures a smaller size because it isn't a very pretty picture! Do you notice my ancient washer? We bought a new dryer a few months back, but this old Maytag is awesome and I hope it lasts us forever.
I hate the gigantic utility sink. I spent $10 on some fabric and made this sink skirt, with my iron on hem tape.
It's a small improvement on a work in progress. I was going to hang some shelves above the washer but I still need to get a concrete drill bit. I also need to figure out how exactly to drill holes into concrete walls, I hear it isn't easy.
I had fun reading through some of the newbie bloggers (like myself) over at Debbie's Newbie Link Party, if you haven't checked it out yet stop by when have a chance. I still have a lot more to check out later throughout the week.
Hope you all have a wonderful week. I have a little something to share later this week but I am waiting on something to come in the mail. What? You want a hint... ok, here's a little hint.... it involves a stencil!!
Pin It
I love the dishes! World Market is great! My hubby and I may be moving to a town that has one and I know that I am going to be in trouble if we do!
ReplyDeleteYour dishes are gorgeous. I have not been in World Market in a few months. The last time I was in Pier1 I was stunned. They had the cutest thing for the kitchen and dining room, and it looked so much like Anthropologie!
ReplyDeleteYour dining room looks great!
~Ricki Jill
Your dining room looks so pretty! The dishes are gorgeous. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteThose dishes are beautiful. I love all the colors [especially since my favorite color is blue!] :)
ReplyDeleteWe have also been trying to have more company, it's a hard time of year, with all the sickness going around. Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteThis looks gorgeous! I am so glad you joined in on the party and had a good time. I see you made some new friends too. See you next week.
ReplyDeleteYour dining room is looking so pretty! Definitely guest ready. I love the fabric you used to skirt your laundry sink. Great way to pretty up the utility space. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYour dishes are beautiful. I'm jealous -- I want to have people over...
ReplyDeleteIf we could just start and finish our renovations already!!!... ; )
Love the salt and pepper shakers and the design in your salad plates.Fabulous idea for the laundry area.Just makes it a lil more pleasant to be in I bet.
ReplyDeleteYOur table looks lovely! I like the "normal" layout of the sideboard, I'm currently collecting corks for my kitchen table. Hope you had a great time at your dinner party!
ReplyDelete