The knobs I bought for the coffee table came in a set of four. I only needed two for the coffee table... so I decided to paint the two matching side tables that are downstairs in the family room to use the other knobs. We really only use one of the side tables, but I think I might use the other one somewhere now that they look better.
It actually had a lot of water damage on this table because during one of our moves it sat outside next to our P.O.D. while it rained!
It took a lot of sanding to get it all smooth... then came the white paint. Ok... I have a confession to make. I wasn't planning on painting it all white. I wanted to paint the bottom white and stain the top a dark wood color. However, because of the wood's cross grain it took hours and hours of sanding by hand and when I finally stained it... I was not happy with the result so I painted it white! I will try staining an easier piece next time (already have something in mind)... but I am happy with the end result although it wasn't what I originally planned. Sorry no pictures of my disaster -- next time I promise I will take some so you can see that my paint projects don't always go as planned!
Of course I did a little distressing to match the look of the coffee table. (Although the tables are on separate floors of the house!) I think I like it better than the coffee table because instead of filling in the lines, I decided to leave them.
Before
After
How do you like Chloe's massive cardboard house she got for Christmas from her grandparents? (I'm so glad we have a family room to keep it in but I can't wait to see it go!)
While we are talking about white paint....
A couple of years ago my mother-in-law gave us this cute bookshelf...
She sponge-painted it a super cute yellow.... then, one day Chloe decided she wanted me to paint it green. I loved it... when Chloe's room was full of bright fun colors.
When we went with the purple and white theme in Chloe's room it no longer went with anything, so I painted it white (of course). It later moved down to the family room...
I like painting things white (haven't you noticed?)... all the furniture I've painted fun colors eventually get painted white because my style or the room changes... but white never goes out of style and looks good in any room! Have you had any painting disasters? Come on, you know we all have them even if we don't like to talk about it... in fact, I have some other disasters I will have to share soon! Have you painted something several different times because it just didn't go with the room anymore?
Oh, I have a good question.... have your kids gotten any really big obnoxious gifts (or loud and annoying) from their grandparents that they love but you would rather see it go in the trash?!! My mother once bought Chloe a little drum set when she was three... I made it stay at her house! What were you thinking mom?
Oh, I have a good question.... have your kids gotten any really big obnoxious gifts (or loud and annoying) from their grandparents that they love but you would rather see it go in the trash?!! My mother once bought Chloe a little drum set when she was three... I made it stay at her house! What were you thinking mom?
Have a great weekend everyone!
Pin It

I love painting things white too! It's so clean and fresh looking in any room!
ReplyDeleteI like the way you distressed the top of the table to accentuate the lines. Job well done!
ReplyDeleteI love painted furniture. Period. Good job!
ReplyDeletelove the little white end table and the knob you picked it so cute..
ReplyDeleteI love how your table turned out looks great!
ReplyDeleteSherry
I love the white too! I'm getting ready to refinish a bunch of pieces - after I paint all the trim and doors in the new/old house. So it actually might be quite a while ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the cardboard playhouse! That's giving me a ton of ideas! I love sharpies and think they'd be perfect with a few dabs of paint! Hmmm . . . just what I needed, another project!
White makes everything look better. You did a wonderful job on the table. I love the knobs!!! ~~Sherry~~
ReplyDeleteYou are on a roll girl! Good job! Thanks for joining my newbie party.
ReplyDeleteDebbiedoo's blogging and blabbing.
I do love the look of freshly painted furniture, white always looks so good! Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteLove the distressing! Really cute :)
ReplyDeleteI love it Erika, with a K!! You always do such great workk!
ReplyDeletexxDaniella
Love the changed Colors.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great metamorphosis! Well done.
ReplyDeleteI am having a hilarious Linky party with prizes this Wednesday. Details are on my blog today.
I hope you'll join in on the fun.
Your table looks great! I love how you roughed it up. Wonderful transformation!
ReplyDeleteLove how it turned out! Those knobs are so cute. Great Before and After!
ReplyDeleteI love how the table turned out. It looks so much better. Don't you love paint~it makes everything new again.
ReplyDeleteRuth
Great job! Isn't this fun?!
ReplyDeletedreaming-n-color.blogspot.com
Very nice!! I love the white!!
ReplyDeleteYour table came out great- I am getting ready to try my hand at distressing some headboards, but am nervous that I will overdo it!
ReplyDeleteVisiting today from Junkin Finds Friday at A La Carte!
I have the same end table and yours looks 1000x better! I love the detail to the distressing, excellent!
ReplyDeleteFollowed your link from This and That!
~Rachel @ cookscleansplayswithpaper.blogspot.com
so nice and new and fresh.
ReplyDeletehow fabulous is white paint?
well done! would love to have you swing over for a visit!
www.northerncottage.blogspot.com
I love the table and your right, white never goes out of style! I also like how you distressed it too♥
ReplyDeleteRondell
Cute!! love when furniture gets the white treatment!:)
ReplyDeleteI agree - you can never go wrong with white. Thanks so much for sharing this at my Swing into Spring party. Hope to see you again next week.
ReplyDeleteI love painting anything and everything white! Your table looks great! I found your blog at Between Naps on the Front Porch. You have such great ideas and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back: http://stillwaterstory.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteAgain, you did a fantastic job with this!! :-)
Hi, thanks for linking up with my Show and Share party! I featured your project, please come check it out and grab yourself a bragging rights button. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/03/show-and-share-showoffs-9.html
ReplyDelete