Mom's Rice Krispy Treats
8 cups of Rice Krispies
12 oz of chocolate chip
12 oz of butterscotch chips
1 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Melt peanut butter and butterscotch chips in pan stirring constantly on low heat, when melted mix with rice krispies and pour ½ of the mix in a buttered 9x13 pan. Put in refrigerator until hard. About 30 minutes. Then melt chocolate chips, water and sugar in pan stirring constantly on low heat. Pour all of the melted chocolate mixture in over the rice krispies, spread evenly. Top with remaining ½ of the krispies. Refrigerate.
Growing up, these were always on our holiday menus. These are the best rice krispy treats ever! Perfect for my sweet cravings!
Linking up to Whisking Wednesdays!
These look so good, I would probably eat the entire pan!!!
ReplyDeleteThose look awesome Erika! I want some. I haven't had those in years. Probably since the last time mom actually made them! I'm glad you posted the recipe because I don't have it!
ReplyDeleteOh my, these look delicious!!! We'll have to try these fo sure! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. I'm a sucker for Rice Krispie treats! These look wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!
I'm trying my hand at doing a link party of sorts too and would love it if you'd share one of your favorite recipes of the week, like these rice krispie treats.
ReplyDeletehttp://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/04/whisking-wednesdays.html
Oh boy those look fantastic! I will have to try them sometime, I do believe my boys would love them.
ReplyDeleteMmm, now these are an adult version of rice krispie treats. I'll take a batch of yours any day. I have a sweet treat linky party on my blog every weekend and I'd like to invite you to stop by then and link your treats up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHi! Saw you at a pinch of this and that saying you love linky parties! I'd love if you join mine! It's Called a Themed Baker's Sunday! and this week's theme is LEMONS! If you have any lemon recipes, old or new, I'd love for you to link up!
ReplyDeletehttp://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/04/themed-bakers-sunday-2.html
o those look Mazing
ReplyDeleteI am a new follower via GFC. Hope you can stop by my blog and check it out and follow back.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.atthemapletable.com
The butterscotch krispies are my favorite but I never thought about doing a chocolate layer. Thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeleteHi, Erika! I'm admiring all your creative projects here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? I hope to see you there at the party :)
ReplyDelete