I'm so excited, look what I did!
I made a Chloe silhouette! It was so easy... I took this picture,
added a few details, like a collar and a bow and traced an outline of what I was going to cut out. Then I taped it to black construction paper and cut it out. The curly hair did make it a bit challenging to cut out, but it just took a little patience. Genius right? I can't take credit for the idea, I got instructions from here (thanks Lindy for the great tutorial). I found some of this beige fabric in the basement and the picture frame was an extra one I had laying around. I think I'd like to paint the picture frame white and put the picture on a lighter colored fabric, maybe a light blue or something. I'm not loving the beige, especially on a beige wall. Ideas?
I am so happy with how it turned out and Chloe thought it was the greatest thing ever!
Now if only I could get the dog and cat to pose so I could do one for each of them too.
Have a wonderful weekend!
That looks so great! I'm loving silhouettes right now. I wonder if I can get my two girls to pose? they are 19 and 24 and always busy with college and work. I don't think they would have much patience with their crazy old mom chasing them with a camera saying turn to the side keep still snap.. okay one more...maybe I'll dig through the trillion baby pictures...side shot baby pictures?...nah
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job! I love silhouettes. Kudos to you!
ReplyDeleteI really like this on the wall! Great job! I have not tried one of these yet...from the looks of it I should! Great job!
ReplyDeleteVery nice job to make this and it looks exactly the same. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is beautiful, make me one!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable, so classic! I am going to have to remember this when I have kids. THanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteHi Erika...I must have commented on the wrong post about this last time. I love it, so well done. Thanks for sharing and for joining my newbie party.
ReplyDeleteLove it!! I just found your blog and am now your newest follower. Come check me out if you get a chance. Noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com
ReplyDeletei want some!!! omg this is awesome. love it. thanks for sharing this at my party!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you linked up this project. It's totally awesome. Hope to see you again next week.
ReplyDeleteI love this project! I can't wait to have kids to do this with...it might be a little weird to make one of my husband :p
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for linking up to "20 Below Thursday"!! :)
I have always wanted to try making silhouettes of my kids. Yours turned out great! Thanks for linking up.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I can't wait for my little one to get a little older so he'll stay still for something like this!! Thanks for the crafty inspiration.
ReplyDeleteThis is precious...you did such a great job! I had one of these when I was a little girl...wonder what happened to it...I'll have to ask mama :)
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is adorable. You did a great job on the silhouette. I tried taking side shots of my dogs last week so I could do this but they were not cooperating!
ReplyDelete~ Tracy
very cute! I would love to try this. Yours turned out great!
ReplyDeleteLove the art gallery wall! very inspiring to get me started on my own.
ReplyDeleteI have a giveaway on my blog.$35 + free shipping to get a custom trendy backpack for your darling.All you have to do is leave a comment.
http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/35-store-credit-free-shipping-to-get.html